Saturday, January 15, 2011

Homecoming!

Laura relaxing after coming home

It's Saturday morning and Dr. B has cleared Laura to come home from the doggy hospital.   What a relief!   She is going to be treated like a queen for what ever time she has left.

When I get to the hospital she is definitely ready to go.   The vet tech brings her out on her leash and she is literally pulling the vet tech so hard I thought she was going to fall over.  Laura screams a big joyful yelp when she see's me and showers me with kisses. 

I talked to Dr. B for a few minutes about her after surgery care, which is just to get a lot of rest and not to get too excited.   He prescribed an antibiotic for 10 days to make sure she doesn't get an infection.   Dr. B said he would call me next week with the pathology results.  I pay the bill (which is about $2400 so far including the emergency vet) and we are on our way home.

Laura is clearly happy to be back home.   Her brother, Gipper, is so excited to see her.  They give each other a few kisses and then it's nap time for Laura.  She is still pretty tired and just sleeps most of the day.   I constantly check her gums to make sure they are not white.   They look good -- a nice bright pink color.

Her abdomen looks awful though.  Lots of bruising from the surgery area.   It looks like her incision is about 10 inches long.   She had metal staples put in, but there are no signs of infection or leakage.  

Now all we can do is just take things one day at a time.

Bruised abdomen after surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment