Friday, April 1, 2011

A great couple of weeks

Just a quick update on how Laura is doing since many of you have been asking me on Twitter.   Laura has had a an absolutely tremendous last couple of weeks.   She has been eating normally, has night bright pink gums, playing like she is 2 years old again and most importantly gaining weight!   Her special diet to fight Hemangiosarcoma really seems to be working.

The weather has been warming up and she's been enjoying lots of play time with her brother, Gipper.    Laura was especially excited today because she got to watch opening day of the Cubs on the patio.  Laura's favorite pastime is watching the Cubs all summer on the patio -- our next goal is to have her make it to the playoffs!

Laura goes in for her 4th Chemotherapy session on Monday.  I will update everyone after that to let you know how she does.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

6 comments:

  1. Laura's Dad: just wanted to let you know that I will include Laura in my prayers from now on! I know this must be very hard on you and I will pray for you also. Please know that God does answer prayers! She is a beautiful little girl. God bless you, Laura and her puppy!!! @joanboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful to hear that she's perked up and is like her old self. She's truly an inspiration. Also, it's a bonus to know she's a Cubs' Fan. ;)

    I hope her next chemo session goes smoothly. @cookandgee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog after receiving a cancer diagnosis for my boy, Kramer. Thought we were only dealing with fibrosarcoma until they found the early stages of prostrate cancer. No treatment options available so I'm going to try your cancer diet. He's been on a couple of supplements for a few weeks now. I want to do everything I can to give him a fighting chance against this. Thanks for getting the info out there.

    Many people have beaten the odds. I believe our 'kids' can too. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my beautiful beagle Josey to this horrible cancer in Aug 2010. A large tumor was discovered on her spleen and had already metastized to her liver and ruptured. The disease was in an advanced state. I can appreciate all that you are doing for Laura. I hope you can enjoy her for a long time. Every day matters when it comes to our beloved pets. Laura is a fighter - she loves her life with you. Be blessed - (Naperville)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was shocked to come across your blog! I literally am going through the EXACT same thing with my dog Devo and almost at the exact dates of Laura! The only difference is that our doctor did not recommend chemotherapy and I am treating solely with holistic measures. My dog is doing great and loving life. I have a blog too if you would like to see my precious boy (www.dogscancerjourney.com). Laura is precious and I will be anxious to watch her progress! She will be in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim -- Thanks for your prayers. I will definitely check out your blog. I hope Devo is doing as well as Laura.

    ReplyDelete